Counselling & Psychotherapy
What I Offer
In-person- Poole Dorset
- Have time set aside from your normal life to explore issues affecting you
- Understand yourself and the way you think and relate to others
- See your situation through a different perspective
- Talk things over with someone neutral, who will not judge you
- Develop coping strategies to help you manage your difficulties. Therapy is not a quick nor easy solution.
- It is not easy to open up to a stranger and you may feel uncomfortable at first. Give yourself and your Counsellor time and you will discover the benefits
- As you develop a greater understanding of yourself, you may view your relationships with friends, family, and loved ones differently. This can be unsettling
- Commitment is needed from you – both in terms of your time, and financially.
These difficulties are common. Your wellbeing is very important to me and I am here to support you.
Online & Telephone – Countrywide and beyond
- Access to counselling may be more immediate than if they were in-person
- Your therapy will be at a time place and pace that suits you
- You have the flexibility to choose the technology that you feel is best for you, telephone or live chat via webcam
- You may not be comfortable using internet technology &/or prefer to see your counsellor in-person
- You may feel that your situation is too complex to discuss via the internet
- There may not be a computer terminal that you can use privately without interruption
Free 30min Initial Consultation
The purpose of an initial consultation is to see how well we work together. It is an opportunity to explore the areas for which you seek personal therapy. I will furthermore discuss confidentiality and address any questions you may have. You and I will then decide if my personal therapy practice is right for you and if so, schedule our individual sessions. This can be done online, by telephone, and in-person.
Many clients feel a sense of relief after their first session. This is because the initial nervousness of the unknown has gone or because a weight has been lifted by beginning the process that will hopefully lead to a more fulfilling life
The therapeutic relationship is intended to be healing, supportive, and sometimes challenging. These times, if worked through together, can be very fruitful and life-enhancing for you.
My practice is inclusive and welcoming to all
- Stress, Anxiety & Depression
- Bereavement & Loss
- Body Image
- Confidence & Low-self Esteem
- Eating Disorders, Disordered Eating & Obesity
- Everyday life issues
- Historic Child Abuse
- Mental Health Issues
- Rape & Sexual Abuse
- Student issues
- Work Issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorders & Neuro-diversity
- Complex Trauma
Young People (11+) IssuesLearn More
In-Person Therapy Video Conferencing (online) Telephone