What is Trauma
A painful or threatening event in a person’s life, the suddenness, unexpectedness which cannot be avoided, is overwhelming, and cannot be readily integrated psychologically – once the event is over it can leave an imprint within our minds and bodies, affecting our everyday life and functioning. These can be anything from birth complications, childhood trauma/abuse, profound loss (death, house/country move etc.), physical, mental, emotional abuse, neglect, sexual abuse, rape, just to name a few.
How can I help you!
Trauma Areas - I work with are:
- Childhood Attachment/Trauma
- Hidden Trauma such as Bereavement & Loss
- Historic Child Abuse including Sexual Abuse
- Rape & Sexual Trauma
I work in a trauma informed way with you this means we look at what has happened to you how it is affected your emotions in the way you live your life rather than looking at what is wrong with you.
To do this I will use different theories and practises such as emotional freedom therapy (EFT), polyvagal theory and the window of tolerance all backed up by neuroscience.
Trauma informed training
- ACES - Adverse Childhood Experiences (Addaction)
- Attachment Theory and the Practice of Therapy (Linda Cundy)
- Emotional Freedom Therapy (EFT)
- Narcissistic Injuries, Neglect & Relational Trauma (Christiane Sanderson)
- Neuroscience, threat response in humans and implications for Safeguarding – including Trauma Bonds (Zoe Lodrick)
- The Body Keeps the Score (Bessel Van Der Kolk)
- The Polyvagal Theory (Deb Dana)
- Window of Tolerance (Dan Seigel)
- Working Relationally with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse (Christiane Sanderson)
- Working with Dissociate Survivors: A Coping Mechanism for Childhood Trauma (Norma Howes)